Конспект урока по английскому языку для 7-го класса на тему: "Different countries, different food"
- Автор разработки: Крамарчук Валерия Евгениевна
- Учебное заведение: ЗОШ № 32
- Предмет: английский язык
- Клас 7
- Тема: Different countries, different food
- Цель урока:
- Автор разработки: Крамарчук Валерия Евгениевна
- - активизировать употребление в речи тематической лексики; тренировать употребление ЛО темы в языковых нестандартных ситуациях на уровне микродиалога с опорой на пример;
- - совершенствовать навыки диалогической и монологической речи на основе постановки и решения проблемно-поисковых задач (монологические высказывания, групповая беседа);
- - развивать навыки аудирования с целью получения информации на основе видеоматериала;
- - развивать творческие способности учащихся, умение логически передавать свои мысли, речевую догадку;
- - воспитывать культуру общения, трудолюбие, уважение к традициям других культур.
Оборудование: учебник, презентация по теме, дидактический материал, видеофрагмент
- Ход урока
- 1. Орг. момент
T. Good morning, children! I`m glad to see you. How are you?
The whole group is here, hopefully you are fine and in a good mood, aren`t you? I hope that you will be active and <br energetic at the lesson.
The topic of today`s lesson is: Different countries, different food. The motto of the lesson is: "One should eat to live, and not live to eat" (Moliere). As you see it`s really an interesting and tasty topic.
- 2. Введение в языковую среду
Recite the poem all together:
Some of us like brown bread,
Some of us like white.
Some of us eat cake and meat,
Some don`t think it`s right!
Some of us like apples,
Some drink juice at night.
Some of us eat many sweets,
Some don`t think it`s right!
So let`s discuss the topic and remember words connected with food.
Your task is to name 5 things
- 1. Things to eat (bread, soup, pizza, sandwich, ice-cream)
- 2. Things to drink (water, juice, tea, milk, coffee).
- 3. Red fruit (apple, plum, strawberry, red currants).
- 4. Vegetables (potato, onion, cucumber, cabbage, tomato).
- 5. Things made from milk (cheese, yogurt, butter, cream, ice-cream)
T. Answer my q-s:
What do you usually eat, when you are hungry?
What do you usually drink, when you are thirty?
What does your mother cook you for breakfast, for dinner, for supper?
What food do you like best of all?
T. And now we`ll play the game " Guess"( слайд ) (cut, slice, add, mix...) Slide 4-11
Match the food from list "B' with the words from list "a" and give Russian equivalents
Read the recipe. Fill in the gaps with the verbs from the box. Guess what recipe it is.
Add (2), boil, cut, get, mash, peel, put, take, wash
1. ...3 or 4 potatoes.
2. ... them.
3. Then ... them carefully.
4. If the potatoes are very big,... them into smaller pieces.
5. Then ... them into cold water,... some salt and ... till they are ready.
6. ... the water out and ... some milk and butter.
7. Wait till the milk starts boiling. ... everything carefully.
Основная часть урока
T. Now children let`s check up your homework. Your task was to write down the traditional recipes of favorite family dishes. Now some pupils will present us their recipes. Listen to them attentively and try to guess what dishes they are describing.
T. I read the following list of dishes . You must say:
- - which of them are Ukrainian?
- - which of them are English?
- - Borsch, cabbage soup, varenyky, holubtsy, deryny.
- - Beefsteak, cornflakes, sandwiches, pudding, fish and chips.
T. You`ve just told much interesting about Ukrainian food .
I`ll read the ingredients and you`ll guess what traditional dish it is. Slide 13
1. Pumpkin+rice+milk=pumpkin porridge Slide 14
2. Pancakes+curds=mlyntsy Slide 15
3. Dried fruits+boiled water= uzvar Slide 16
4. Potatoes+flour+eggs= deryny Slide 17
5. Pastry+garlic=pampushky Slide 18
T. And now I want you to read the text about traditional Ukrainian food. You`ll do the task after the text and then try to retell it Slide 19
Ukrainian people like tasty food and women in our country can cook tasty things.
Ukraine enjoysa variety of traditional cookery. Breakfast is a simple meal of bread and butter. Lunch may consist of a fish dish, a salad or a vegetable. Dinner is the main meal and guests are treated with great hospitality.
The traditional Ukrainian food includes hot borsch. kasha, mlyntsi, pyrohy and varenyky. The ingredients of hot borsch are various: beef or pork, tomato sause, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, sugar, beets, sour cream, salt and pepper.
The other food is kasha. You may put eggs, butter, salt and pepper into it. It will be very tasty.
Ukrainian women cook pyrohy and mlyntsi almost every weekend. They like them with meat or berries, sometimes with jam or honey.
As for varenyky all the members of Ukrainian family enjoys eating them. We like them with curds and potatoes. We eat pyrizhky, holubtsi, pampushky and when it is hot in summer we drink kvas.
We are sure that our Ukrainian cookery is the best in the world.
Do the task (True or False)
- 1. Ukraine enjoys a variety of traditional cookery. ( )
- 2. Lunch is the main meal and guests are treated with great hospitality.( )
- 3. You may put eggs, butter, salt and pepper into kasha. It will be very tasty.( )
- 4. Ukrainian women cook pyrohy and mlyntsi almost every weekend.( )
- 5. As for varenyky all the members of Ukrainian family enjoys eating them.( )
- 6. Our Ukrainian cookery isn`t the best in the world.( )
T. What can you tell about the Ukrainian food? This plan will help you:
1. Breakfast, lunch ...
2. The traditional Ukrainian food includes ...
3. The ingredients of hot borsch are ...
4. Another food is kasha ...
5 As for varenyky…
6. We are sure that our Ukrainian cookery is … Slide 20
T. Let`s have a rest
I`ll divide you into 4 groups, give a recipe and selected ingredientscards. Your task is to get the ingredients necessary for your recipe.
Cream together 1.5 cup of sugar and 1 cup of oil in a mixing bowl,
Beat 3 eggs and mix them with oil and sugar.
Add 2 cups of flour. 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Beat thoroughly. <br
Then, add 3 cups of chopped apples to the mixture.
Pour into a greased tin and bake for 30 minutes CARD 2
Mix together 100gr. of margarine, 2 tablespoons of vegetable o oil and 6 tablespoons of cocoa.
Add 1 cup of sugar, 2 eggs, and 1 cup of Nutella.
Stir in 1 cup of flour.
Spread in a greased baking pan and bake at medium gas for 30 minutes.
Let cool before eating CARD 3
Grate two onions, two carrots, and add 2 eggs.
Mix together with a kilo of beef.
Add spices to the mixture.
Make it in the shape of a loaf and place in a high sided pan.
Spread top with ketchup and sliced tomato.
Bake for approximately 25 minutes for every kilo of mixture until interior of loaf is brown. CARD 4
Sift together 2 ½ glasses of flour. 1 teaspoon of soda and ½ teaspoon of salt.
Cut in 200 grams of butter until the mixture is mealy.
Add 1 cup of sour cream to mixture.
Form the dough into a ball and refrigerate at least one hour before using.
For filling, mix 1 cup of grated cheese and½cup of sliced onion fried in butter. Add one egg.
Take dough from refrigerator and divide into two parts. Roll out both parts to 1 inch thickness.
Spread cheese mixture thickly over first part. Cover with second part and pinch edges together.
Place into baking sheet. Bake about 25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Season to taste.
T. Sometimes we want to have a rest. We don`t want to cook and go to the cafe. Imagine that your dream comes true and now you are in a cafe. Match the dialogues with the headings (a-h) put them in the correct order to make up a dialogue and act it in the classroom
g) Waiter: Good evening! How many are you?
Customer: We are five.
W: Would you like a table by the window?
C: Yes, please, but do not close to the entrance.
W: This way, please. (The waiter shows the way to the table) Would you like anything to drink?
C: Yes. please.
W: Here're the menus.
2. (ordering drinks)
f) Waiter: Are you ready to order your drinks?
1st Customer: A gin and tonic for me, please.
2nd Customer: An orange juice, please.
3. (ordering your meal)
e) Waiter: Now, are you ready to order?
Customer: I think we are.
4. (when you don`t know what to order)
a) 1st Customer: I'm at a loss. I don't know what to order. Could you recommend something to me?
Waiter: Yes, certainly. Do you like sea-food? Why not start with the shrimp cocktail then?
C: It's fine with me. And what's "the soup of the day"?
W: It's onion soup: onions, chicken broth with melted cheese.
C: Sounds good.
W: It tastes good too.
5. (ordering starters) h) Waiter: What would you like to have for starters? Customers: I'd like to have green salad, please. The same for me. Waiter: What would you like to start with? Customers: I'll start with the melon. I think I'll start with soup.
6. (ordering the main course)
d) Waiter: What would you like to have for the main course?
Customer: I'll have steak and new potatoes.
7. (ordering sweet) c) Waiter: Do you want any sweet? Customer: A cup of coffee and cheese to finish with, please. Waiter: How about pudding?
Customer: Chocolate pudding for me. Please.
8.( paying bill)
b) Customer: Could I pay now, please.
Could I have the bill, please. The bill, please. Waiter: Here's your bill, please. Here you are, sir. Here it is, sir. T. Well ,and now let`s watch some fragments about English food and then answer such q-s, and then do the task in your papers. 1. What do milkmaid do? 2. Do British people often eat eggs and bacon for breakfast? 3. What is the most common lunch in Britain? 4. When do they usually have their evening meal? 5. Does London have a lot of foreign restaurants? 6. What English food is not very expensive?
1. What do these people have for breakfast? Mr. Robinson Tom Julie 2. Complete these sentences:
1. At lunch time people usually only have break of_____________. 2. Most people buy their food from___________________. 3. You don`t ___________convenience food. 4. Most people have their_______________in the evening. 5. People have mea or ____________and _____.
T. You see pupils imagine that on Sunday your pen-friend from Great Britain will come to your city. It`ll be only one day to show him the traditions of Ukrainian people. Who will meet him ? OK.A.. will receive Tom....A come here and listen to pupil`s advise and be ready to discuss this q-s with them Let`s start. P. I think we must make him an excursion around the town and show him the museum on Khortitsa and our Hydroelectric power station P. To my mind we must make a party for him P. I think me must show him our national costumes. P. I`ve got an embroidered skirt and a shirt P. I`d like to say it`ll be interesting for him to listen to our Ukrainian songs P. Of course we must arrange a warming party and prepare our national dishes. I advise to ask my mother to cook borsch. A. You see he is a vegetarian, and I don`t think he`ll eat borsch with meat P. Then Ipropose to cook mushroom soup, vareniky and make a salad P. We can cook holubtsy for other guests and bake a bisciut. T. I think you have done your task well and you will be ready to receive our guest. 3. Заключительная часть урока T. Your home task is to write down the recipe of any dish you like to prepare for our guest You`ll now see the pictures of festival English dishes . Try to remember them and fill in the blanks. Say what Englishmen eat for certain holiday: 1.Christmas (turkey, mince pie, stuffing, Christmas pudding) 2.St. Valentine`s Day (cakes, sweethearts cookies) 3.Good Friday (hot cross buns, fish) 4.Easter (roast lamb, chicken, chocolate eggs) 5.Mothering Sunday (simnel cake) You know that almost every country has its own cuisine and what is more some popular dishes are associated with this or that national cuisine. We’re to remember such dishes. Your task is to complete the sentence Pudding is a typical English/British dish. Pizza is a typical Italian dish. Pelmeni is a typical Russian dish Varenyky is a typical Ukrainian dish. Burrito is a typical Mexican dish. Sushi is a typical Japanese dish. Baklava is a typical Turkish dish. Итог урока: Today you`ve learnt much about traditional food of different countries. Your task will be to make a festival menu for Christmas holiday.